Early Photos of Olive Township
Old Olive Township Hall
Although the township hall was for township business and the voting place for the township, many other activities took place in the building:
Political rallies, sewing classes for 4H girls, agricultural meetings, etc. It was really the community's center of social life.
Ottawa School, 1905
At one time there were at least 10 school districts in what is now Olive and Port Sheldon Townships.
West Crisp Schoolhouse
Located on the northeast corner of Port Sheldon Road and 128th Avenue.
At one time there was a creamery in the Village of Crisp. All went well until margarine came along.
The store on the left was located at 120th
Avenue and Polk Street. It was destroyed by fire in 1912.
The store on the right replaced the 1912 building. It was destroyed by fire in 1928.
Created: 31 January 2010