Organization and History of the Olive Township Schools
Built in 1874, this one-room school-house in Olive Township was named for John Connell family. School records go back to 1865. The first teacher was Anna Gibbs of Crockery Township. She later married Samuel Dell.
West Olive School
The first West Olive School, built in 1863, was destroyed by fire on January 16, 1953. A new school was dedicated in March, 1954. The first teacher at the old school was Sarah Tate of Georgetown.
Transcriber: Barb Jones
Created: 3 May 2007